Author Topic: USB Cable for MINI PCI  (Read 3295 times)

Offline intravec

Since the Service did not come with a USB Cable for the MINI PCI Card, where can I find this USB Cable?

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance!

Offline fwilson

intravec,

The reason it was not included is that port is not currently implemented.  Plugging a cable into it will have no effect.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline intravec

That is not quite what I imagined! So the port is there but unusable? So is there some kind of data recovery included in this package?

Offline fwilson

intravec,

The Mini PCI and PCI POST cards are, well, POST cards not data recovery devices.  Their sole function in life is to display POST codes present on the PCI BUS to aid in troubleshooting systems.

The USB connector on these cards was included during the design for a future project.

PC-Doctor is a hardware diagnostics suite, not a data recovery or repair package.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline Cyber-Tek

I have question about that mini usb. If one day PC doctor will make an update. Can we upgrade that cards or we need to buy new ? That cards could be updated with new firmware or not ?

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Cyber-Tek,

In the past we have not provided any firmware updates.  However, there is always a chance that the ability to update the software (Service Center) and possibly firmware of the different components could be available in a future release. 

I will pass your question on to our Product Manager team for review.

Regards,
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"