Author Topic: artifacts broblem  (Read 3646 times)

Offline cniv

Hi My name is Niv
we are company oem bulider computer.
i have to be honest we are new user and we check the pc doctor srervice center 7 with fail part computer. we have vga card ati 4870 1024 club3d with artifacts. when we check with atitool 0.26 ver its show me that we have artifacts broblem. when we check with pc doctor service center 7 its show me that vga card its ok and pass the test. how we can trust the software pc doctor that dont show me that its true that we have artifacts problem.

thanks niv

Offline fwilson

cniv,

Artifact detection is accomplished by rendering into a Direct3D window and scanning the output for problems.  It's a visual subjective thing.

You bring up a good point though.  I have sent an email to our graphics card guru for a short meeting with him.  There may be a way we can improve the test. 

There are so many different graphics cards out there and the drivers change so fast it is difficult to objectively define what an error is, some of it will always remain a subjective determination of what is a problem.

I will post back here after I meet with the graphics guy.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline cniv

do u have new for me ?
Niv

Offline fwilson

cniv,

Development has taken it under consideration,  I don't have any definitive timeframe as to if or when anything will be done.

-Fred

Offline MagicOPromotion

• Please, help me, brothers!!!
I have some artifacts too, exactly the same as you described.

Config : hd3200, Ubuntu 9.04 Gnome, catalyst from Ubuntu or catalyst 9.4 from ati.
XRumer 5.0 Palladium: best promotion software

Offline fwilson

We have sent this to ATI so that they can incorporate this in future versions of their PDE. A PDE is a PC-Doctor executable and is used by PC-Doctor to test certain OEM hardware.

-Fred