Author Topic: blue screen error  (Read 3909 times)

Offline jayp

hi,i have this problem with my computer..lately my computer has been shutting down on it own and when it restart back,it shows an error=blue screen,and it always direct me to windows trouble shooting page,i have tried sum of the trouble shooters tat i know and the problem is still here,i juz wanna know how serious the problem is?...will it cause me to lose memory? coz i got sum very important files...does it affect internet explorer?,cuz it takes very long to load the pages,does it affect the performance of the computer?...and if its a very serious problem,wat shud i do?...by the way,im usin windows xp...so,i was hopin u all can help me..and,ya i know its a lot of question..ur help will really help me,so therefore...thank you..

Offline fwilson

Jayp,

PC-Doctor is the leader in hardware diagnostics.  If you have PC-Doctor it should have been pre installed by your OEM.  You don’t mention our program and we don’t do general computer support but I’ll see if I can help.

I'm not really sure what you mean by error=blue screen.  Generally when a PC blue screens you are done and can not go to any windows troubleshooting page and you certainly can not load IE.

It sounds as if you may have a virus or malware.  The slow IE makes me think you may have some malware.  There are many free tools to remove this type of stuff.  One I have had good luck with is http://www.malwarebytes.org/ it has a free version and works.  Get some good anti-virus software and run it often.  One that scans links in your browser is preferable,  there are a lot of malicious and infected web sites that have “drive by virus’ on them.

Good luck.

-Fred

Oh yeah, Important Data should never be in only one place.  Get yourself an external USB hard drive and back up regularly.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:21:49 am by fwilson »
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline jayp

fwilson,

how do i download this pc doctor program? is it free? if i reformat the computer,will the problem go away? do u have any suggestion on wat free anti virus software which is good?...currently im usin avg anti virus free...and do u know any other forum which i can post my problem there to gain more feedback on this problem...thank you

Offline fwilson

jayp,

You can not download it.  A consumer could only have it if their OEM preloads it. A version for PC technicians is available for $399.00, it is designed for professional repair shops and diagnoses hardware problems not software issues..

As to whether a format would solve the issue, I can’t say as I don’t know what’s wrong.  I suggested you run the free malware program, you didn’t mention if you did but, I would start there.  AVG is a good anti virus program.  The free version gives good basic protection but as in anything else, if you want the best you have to pay for it.

I can’t help you any further on this board as it is for PC-Doctor customers.  There are a bunch of generic support boards out there but I can’t recommend any of them here.  Remember, Google is your friend.

-Fred

Offline jayp

i did and it workin fine rite now...thank u for u help...

Offline fwilson

jayp,

You're welcome.

-Fred