Author Topic: Detecting Hardware infinite spin! Nightmare.  (Read 1190 times)

Offline michaeldc

Using the most recent PC Doctor and booting via the USB key (updated about a month ago). There is no OS installed currently.

It gets to the point where it scans for hardware then stops with the message "The device discovery process was unable to finish all diagnostic tests"  It has an ok button which when pressed returns to the "detecting hardware" window which seems to be scanning but then never ends. That window remains open and just stays there with nothing progressing. I have left it for over an hour and no error message comes up.

I am using a Gigabyte GA-6LXGH MB with an Adaptec RAID Controller card, a 2 port Gigabit Ethernet card and a 2 port 10Gigabit Ethernet card (Intel X520). Do any of these parts suggest an issue? Are they problematic?

Offline PCD_Channing

Hi,

Out of curiosity, which version of Service Center are you using when attempting to run this test? Have you tried Service Center for DOS? If so, do you experience any issues there?

One thing you could try would be acknowledging the enumeration error and then clicking on File then Refresh from the drop-down menu. This will cause the message to appear again, but should allow you to continue testing as expected. This has worked in a previous instance where this issue was seen, although the hardware configuration was different from what you are testing with.

Please let me know if the issue persists.