Author Topic: Non Bootable System Test  (Read 1317 times)

Offline kpntech

I'm using Service Center 9  The laptop will not boot, maybe power supply or motherboard? Is there a way to run Service Center diagnostics on the system from a another system?

Thanks, Chris

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Unfortunately, I am not aware of any method to test all components of a system from another computer (but wouldn't that be cool).

The only methods I can think of to try and narrow down the cause of an issue like this are:
  • Use a voltmeter on each possible point of failure for the power (power adapter "brick", internal power board, motherboard power connector, etc.), and see if you can find any point where the power suddenly stops or drops off
  • Use the Mini PCI POST card included in the Service Center Premier kit (if the computer has a PCI slot available)
  • Test all the other components in a known good computer (mostly useful to find out which parts are still usable)
  • Replace the power board or motherboard, and see what happens (this of course is a bit expensive, and means you are replacing parts without knowing what has failed)

I wish I had some other suggestions, but sadly the methods to troubleshoot an issue on a laptop are limited if the system won't boot.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any success.
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.