Author Topic: Posible script?  (Read 2750 times)

Offline jasazick

Hi!

I know that PC Doctor Service center 7.5 supports a HDD sanitize function, and that once it is done it displays a boot screen with the wipe information.

Is it possible to script a wipe, followed by dignostics, and have the results all logged on that post-boot into screen?

Currently I use a different wipe solution, it would be nice to have everything done all at once.

Offline fwilson

jasazick,

You could do that with the DOS command line function.  Edit the autoexec.bat file to run the wipe test pcdr /rt:xxx where xxx is the test ID you want to run.  You could do this on a custom CD or modify the USB key,  I would opt for the CD and mark it conspicuously!  Either way the USB locking device would have to be in the drive.

There is no way to modify the message placed on the boot block of the wiped hard drive.  This is hard coded and will state that the drive has been wiped by the PC-Doctor tool.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline jasazick

There is no way to modify the message placed on the boot block of the wiped hard drive.  This is hard coded and will state that the drive has been wiped by the PC-Doctor tool.

-Fred

Rats!

Thanks for the quick reply though.

Offline fwilson

jasazick,

Out of curiosity why would you want to change the message?

-Fred

Offline fwilson

jasazick,

I see what you are saying.  The message on the screen is written to the boot block and will say if it is partially erased or fully erased.  There is no place to put the logs on the screen as the drive is not even formatted.  To display them on the boot block would require some type of scrolling functionality, a rudimentary OS and a program to be placed on the drive.

If diagnostics were run from a script, logs saved to a USB key and if no errors are found a drive wipe would take place this would accomplish your goal, it would be out of order from what you are doing now but would work.

A dos batch file command is capable of parsing log files and branching on error.  Please see this post: http://www.pcdoctor-community.com/forum/index.php?topic=387.0

A custom autoexec.bat could be made with the smarts to do the diags and if no problems were found erase the HD. 

Hope this helps.  ???

-Fred