Author Topic: Cannot get verification of Product License  (Read 2480 times)

Offline gcsa@att.net

Just recieved my kit. v7.9. I tried it first booting from the CD with the USB dongle in place. It worked fine. Then I installed it in Windows 7 (32 bit). I cannot get it to run. I have tried it with the usb dongle in place, with the usb dongle and the paralell dongle in place, with the usb dongle removed and the paralell dongle in place. I cannot get past the dialog box that says "To run the Service Center, you must first insert the Multipurpose USB Device in an available USB port. What's the next step. Do I have a defective device(s)?

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Was this a new purchase or an upgrade?  If an upgrade, what was the previous version(s) that you owned?

If this is was a new purchase (do not try if this was an upgrade), try the following:
You can try to restore the USB dongle from the auto-run menu that appears on screen when the CD is placed into the optical drive.  If the CD does not auto-run you can manually browse the cd's directory and locate the set.exe file.  Double click the file to launch the menu.  Click on the More option then the Multipurpose USB Device Restore Tool.
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline gcsa@att.net

Thanks for the reply. I have decided not to worry about installing the software on my computer. On reflection there doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to do so. The diagnostics are running just fine using a combination of the CD and the USB device so I will just use it that way. Thanks again.