Author Topic: RAM -Advanced Pattern Test fail. WME02-VIJ  (Read 4132 times)

Offline skg13760

I've been having problems with my system completely freezing up on me. The caps lock key on the keyboard wouldn't even work. I tried giving it time to unfreeze even that did not help. The only way to recover was to turn it off and turn it back on. There were no blue screens and no error messages. All the reliability monitor said was, "unexpected shutdown at..." The problem mostly happened while gaming but it would happen when listening to music or running other programs too. I figured it was a hardware problem because it happened in windows 7 and after I did a clean install of windows 10. Anyway after I downloaded and installed toolbox my ram failed the advanced pattern test. So can this sort of error cause my system to freeze completely?  the error code returned by toolbox was WME02-VIJ. I tried doing a search on google and the forums here but nothing useful showed up in the search results.

Other things I tried:
Memtest (no errors)
Windows diagnostic memory test (no errors)
Switching out video cards with a known good one
Western Digital drive diagnostic test
SFC /scannow (came up with errors it could fix but did not affect the freezing.)
Updating and reinstalling many drivers
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RAM: Corsair vengeance 4sticks x 8gb (32gb total) 1600mhz
CPU: AMD FX-9590
MOBO: Gigabyte 990fxa-ud7
HDD: WD 4tb SSHD

If you require more info please let me know.

Thank you,
SKG13760

Offline PCD_Channing

Hello skg13760,

It definitely sounds like there is a memory issue going on based upon your description of the issues you are seeing. As far as the precise meaning of the WME02-VIJ error code you are receiving, I would need some further data to provide you information about what issue the diagnostic test is running into. If you could please complete the following set of instructions I will examine the logs further and provide you with some additional details:

1. Open Run
     a. Move the mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the desktop
     b. Right click on the Windows button to bring up menu options
     c. Click on Run
2. Type "%programfiles%" (Including the % and without the quotes)
3. Open the "PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows" folder
4. Right click on an empty space and select "New" and then "Folder
5. Name the folder you created "logs"(without quotes)(Leave this window open, we will have to come back to it)

1. Open a Command prompt as Admin (In the same location as Run)
2. Navigate to the installed directory (by typing "cd" followed by the location where PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows is installed. Make certain to put a space after "cd".) (cd C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows)
3. Enter the command "pcdrcui.exe -enabledebuglogs" (without quotes)(Note: Leave the Command Prompt open, we will need it later)

Once you have done this go ahead and try to use the software just as you had before, this will create the logs that we need.

After you have experienced the issue again, prepare the logs that we just
created:

1. Bring up the "PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows" window that we left open
2. Right click on the "logs" folder that we created
3. Select "Send To"
4. Select "Compressed(zipped) folder" (Be sure to delete this folder after you are done)

Then please follow these steps to obtain the program logs:

1. Open Run (Same as before)
2. Type "%programdata%" (Including the % and without the quotes)
3. Open the "PCDr" folder
4. Open the folder "6554"
5. Right click on the "logs" folder
6. Select "Send To"
7. Select "Compressed(zipped) folder"(Please name the zipped file "programdata_logs.zip" to avoid confusion)

Once all of these folders have been compressed, you can upload them here or send them in to us via email (support[at]pc-doctor.com). I will await your reply.

Thanks,
Channing