Author Topic: GRD Message  (Read 4049 times)

Offline drsherlock

I finally took the time to get familiar with Service Center 7.9. I backed it up then tested on a Vista system. I ran from CD install but remove on reboot. I get XULRunner message stating the "Could not find compatible GRD version between 1.8 and 1.9. Have been using Service Center 7 for long time with no issues. What is this and how do I resolve? thanks.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Can you please check to see if the message "Could not find compatible GRD version between 1.8 and 1.9" wasn't actually "Could not find compatible GRE version between 1.8 and 1.9?"  The message usually indicates that there is a java incompatibility on the system tested.  I have passed this on to our dev team for review.  I will update as soon as I have a response.
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
drsherlock,
A similar issue was reported in the past where the error was displayed as a result of a faulty back up disc.  Could you please try to reproduce the error with the original SC disc?  Please let us know the result.

Thanks,

Edited for content
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:43:50 am by James_PCD »
James_PCD

Offline drsherlock

Yes. the original CD did not produce that message. Now, that CD loaded the software to be removed on reboot, it does not recognize the multipurpose USB device and the license check failed. Now, two issues - 1. what is happening the USB device not be accepted and 2. What did I do wrong to make a backup. thanks.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello drsherlock,

Regarding the possible reasons as to what is going wrong with the back-up, there could be several possible reasons which could cause an issue when burning a back-up CD.
Write speeds - writing too fast can cause an issue.
Not verifying the data with the software that is performing the write.
The software being used to create the backup doesn't support mixed mode CD
The software being used to create the backup supports mixed mode CD, but does not support a bin/que configuration.

It is strange that the multipurpose USB device (MUD) is not recognized.  Is the device seen outside of Service Center as a storage device in Windows explorer?
Have you tried to restore the image of the MUD from the Service Center menu options?

James_PCD