Author Topic: Engine has failed to enumerate hardware and tests  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Mr C

Hi,
I just received my PC -Doctor Service Center 7.9 update and got "Engine has failed to enumerate hardware and tests" error when attempting to test a system.

The system is a custom build with the following spec:

ASROCK AM2XLI Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+ CPU
2 x 1gb DDR2
Windows Xp SP3

I've just tested it with my 7.5 kit and it loads fine so for some reason this setup doesn't agree with 7.9. Any ideas? I have succesfully used 7.9 on a couple of other systems with no issues.

The PC itself is working fine and is a fresh install of Windows. I just wanted to grab a system spec sheet before I sent it back to the client.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Mr. C,

It appears that something has timed out during enumeration.  If you are willing, I would ask that you gather some debug logs for our engineers to analyze.  To get the log files please follow the steps below:

a. you must use a full install (not quick or run from cd)
   b. navigate to C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor Service Center 7.5
   c. create a new folder simply titled “logs” minus quotation marks
   d. start the program and repeat the steps that cause the problem
   e. zip up the entire logs folder and attach to your reply (please send in a PM to me if possible.)

If you have submitted a tech support issue, please attach the zip file to an email for them to review.  If you have not generated a tech support issue, one may be created for you.
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline Mr C

I'll try my best to get this done tomorrow but the machine is being returned to the client tomorrow so I may not get chance.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I understand, any assistance in the matter will be appreciated.
James_PCD

Offline Mr C

It ran fine with a full install!
I uninstalled and ran from CD again and it also didn't fail. Very odd but oh well!

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Definately sounds like something timed out, which caused the message to appear.  If you should come across this again, and you have the time to do so, please try to gather the log files mentioned in the earlier post.

Thank you again for the feedback.
James_PCD