Author Topic: PCI Express Status Test - 5  (Read 2826 times)

Offline OzBoz

I've tried a search, and can't find any ref to my problem, so if I've missed it, I appologise.

My computer has recently started crashing, mainly rebooting but often freezing with black screen.  It was professionally rebuilt 5 months ago, and is probably still under warranty, but to satisfy myself I ran PC Doctor to see if I could isolate the problem.

The hardware scan runs normally, but throws up one failure:-
PCI Express Status Test - 5

Would someone be able to expand on that, and tell me exactly what's wrong?

Gigbyte X58A-UD3R / Geforce GTX 570 / RAM 6Gb / Win7 64

Thanks for any help

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi OzBoz, welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to say that given the information you provided, I am unable to say with certainty what is causing the issue. If you could please provide some additional details about the issue I would greatly appreciate it. Such as:

- What is the name of the PC-Doctor software that is reporting this issue?
   - What version of the product is it?
   - Could you please detail any issues you are having with the system?
   - Are there any additional details to the error you are experiencing?
     * There should be more to the error to help pinpoint the cause.
   - Does the error occur every time you test the system, or is it intermittent?
   - Do you have any log files to provide? Or perhaps a screenshot?
     * If you don't feel comfortable sharing the information on the forums, you are welcome to send it to me in a PM.

Any additional information you are able to provide will allow me to better assist you.

Thank you,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline OzBoz

Offline OzBoz

Offline OzBoz

Offline OzBoz

Sorry Kris, I don't know where my reply went.  Here goes again.

I'm using PC Doctor for windows ver. 6.0.6087.134 and the failure shows up every time I scan the system. 

The problem I'm having with my system is that it keeps crashing either an automatic reboot, of a black screen and audio freeze.  Only the usual windows error messages telling me I've experienced a crash.

Early on I had a message "Display driver nvidia Windows kernel mode driver version nnn.nn stopped responding and has successfully recoverd"  I've had that once since.

I can't seem to find any useful logs (I don't know where to look frankly) so I've included the three screenshots.

Thanks for your assistance Kris.

Brian

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
The easiest, and probably the most relevant set of logs can be obtained by clicking the "Open test log" button that is shown above the list of failed tests. If you could please send this test log to me via PM, I will take a look and see what the problem could be.

You may also find that it details the problem enough to help you.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.