Author Topic: Known Compatibility Issues message with Windows 7 upgrade.  (Read 6568 times)

Offline loovulkats

I have an HP a6300f desktop I have upgraded from Vista to Windows 7.  I came pre-installed with PC Doctor Hardware Diagnostic Tool v 0.0.0.0.  Product v. 5.0.0.0.  The original filename is PCdr5cuiw32.  When I try to run or when it tries to auto run I get the error message "Known Compatibility Issues".  Windows has no solution for this and I have downloaded a solution from HP to no avail.  Any suggestions?

Offline fwilson

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline poly

Also experienced the same problem on my Hp dv5...thanks for the link will try that out!
poly says hello.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
It has come to my attention that the previously posted link is incorrect. I am sorry if there has been any confusion as a result.  The correct URL is:
Code: [Select]
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-7
5045-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline poly

Yeah man was confused there for a while!!!
poly says hello.

Offline poly

poly says hello.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Poly,

I am glad to hear that you were able to get things up and running.

jbpcdr
James_PCD

Offline poly

poly says hello.

Offline mcc17ss

HP P6110f desktop. Recently upgraded? from Vista to Win 7. Was instructed to remove the OEM installed PC-Dr. and reinstall the new version a few days after win 7 is running. Downloaded a 96mb file from hp:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-75045-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=3970026&sw_lang=

installs fine but locks up after a few system tests are completed with error message: "License authentication failed...you are not authorized to use this version of PC Doctor"

Is there a solution for this?

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello mcc17ss,

Very strange that you would be getting this message as your system is using the
IPIBL-LB (Benicia) motherboard which was used extensively during the test of our product.  Unfortunately there isn't a solution for the error you are seeing.  Something changed in your configuration that is causing this message to appear.  The file that you downloaded was the most up-to-date build that they had.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:56:55 am by James_PCD »
James_PCD

Offline mcc17ss

More info: It lets me run some of the individual tests but locks me out on the "system test" part of the program. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program with no improvement. Need a workaround or another thought on this.  While this program is optional and not needed right now, i'd like to have it available when the need arises.  Thanks...