Author Topic: NVidia defect testing in PC Doctor.  (Read 6527 times)

Offline TheLantern

As many might be aware, there's a class action suit against NVidia for a series of chips that cause graphical issues. http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/

I work on many machines, use Service Center 7.5 and I suspect i have one of those affected.  My question is if SC 7.5 is able to detect this problem. DOS? Windows PE? Windows?

Thanks

Offline fwilson

TheLantern,

I don't know the details of the suit or the defect.  I will do a little digging and get back to you.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline TheLantern

Fred,

Any answer?  Advice?

Thanks

Offline fwilson

TheLantern,

It appears as this issue is an intermittent electrical issue causing a garbled screen.  There are also issues with some communications processors. The claims are only valid for specific Dell, HP and Apple systems.

Diagnostics and intermittent issues are problematic. This is because everything appears fine right up to the time it isn't.  For this reason PC-Doctor will not uncover this particular defect unless it is exhibiting itself at the time of testing..

There are detailed instructions on the settlement site as to finding out if your Dell, HP or Apple system is included in the settlement.  I suggest you follow these steps if you have a system that is suspect.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts