Author Topic: HDD active protection troubleshooting issue...  (Read 7600 times)

Offline dav_dman

1)ima newbie
2)not a pc expert
3)did a search on here for hdd active protection and no results..so i tried.

prob: i have a lenove x61s laptop and it is giving me an error condition on my hdd active system protection..which i think is an accelerometer based hard drive parking system or detects shocks and parks immed or something.  The window tells me hdd active proctection is not working due to abnormal sensor status.  It says trouble shoot with pc doctor dos , the AP HDD system.

prob is, I have pc doctor 5 and there is no option for troubleshooting the AP HDD system.

Should i download the pc doc dos and try with that? where do i get it?

thank you,
Dave Sharp

Offline fwilson

Dave,

The DOS version for your ThinkPad model should have a accelerometer test.  This test will be located under Diagnostics >Other Devices or Diagnostics > ThinkPad depending on the model.

You can download the current PC-Doctor Windows and DOS build directly from the Lenovo site.  Here is a link to the Lenovo Support and Downloads for your x61s;
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-67971

There are also downloads for the APS listed you may also want to download the latest one for your OS and install it.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts