Author Topic: Dont know if I should by PC-DOC. PLZ help.  (Read 2491 times)

Offline MERC!

Most of the time I refurbish computers for re-sale and PC-DOC would help with this. However, I dont have problems with diagnosing and repair of these. Where Im running into problems is with new system builds such as the new AMD-Spiders with crossfirex. Fist, compatability is a pain! These systems are so touchy. Its a trick just knowing that your getting all the performance you should be. I hate doing guess work and I really hate not knowing if customer is walking out the door with more work to do or a computer thats not exactly optimized. My first build for example didnt like the ram I was using and one video card (ATI SAPPHIRE 3850 1 GIG) wasn't working at all! How was I to know when the other 2 were doing so well?
SHOULD I BUY? Wich one?

Offline fwilson

MERC!,

Service Center 6 would do a good job of thoroughly testing documenting your systems.  Either new High Performance or older refurbished units may be tested to assure all components are functioning as they should be.  Please check it out at:
http://www.pc-doctor.com/product_listings_technician.php

Reports may be saved and / or printed out, proving that all components pass testing.  These reports can then be provided to your clients showing them their system was thoroughly tested.

The ability to capture system configurations with serial numbers is also helpful to ensure "other" components have not migrated into systems if they are brought in for repair.

If you put out a fair number of machines you may want to look into the Build to Order (BTO) product.  It will be released soon and will allow you to install a branded to your business copy of PC-Doctor for Windows on each computer you sell.  This would allow customers to “see for themselves” that the hardware is performing properly and assist you in doing remote diagnostics and phone support.  They are re-vamping the product and site as we speak but keep checking https://www.btosupportcenter.com/ for status.

-Fred  

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts