Author Topic: can not test  (Read 4045 times)

Offline muyvago

I have a HP Pavilion 763n, with the original 80G HD,  PC Doctor came with the PC.
I have version 3.1.897HPD
I can test other components, but when I test the Hard Drive I get:  CAN NOT RUN

Linear seek:  CAN NOT RUN
Internal error:  Could not obtain drive size parameters
_EVENT:??_??

Random Seek:  CAN NOT RUN

Funnel seek:  CAN NOT RUN
_EVENT:??_

Surface Scan:  CAN NOT RUN
Hard Drive Test Surface Scan:  CAN NOT RUN

I've been unable to run other test on this HD.  It's not making any noise, but I had to perform a system recovery, as there were errors causing explorer to crash, slow bootup and shut down, and generally slow performance. 

Have I gotten full use of this Hard Drive?  Time to replace?

Offline fwilson

muyvago,

It sounds as something may have gone awry during the system restore.  The errors you report indicate a faulty install of PC-Doctor.

Please go to the HP website and download the current version for your system and re-install it.  Please let me know the results of the retest.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline muyvago

Yes, I have installed the current version from HP.  I keep getting the same results.

Offline fwilson

muyvago,

3.1.897HPD is about 7 years old, version 3 series.  Current releases are version 5 but may not be available for your system.

This version was released before large capacity hard drives existed. In order to run diagnostics on newer Drives, you would need to upgrade to a more recent version which can recognize the newer hardware.

Please contact HP directly and explain the situation.  They should be able to point you to a more current release on their site.  I looked for your model and there is not one listed so you will have to speak to support.  PC-Doctor develops and provides diagnostic software to HP and many other manufacturers for installation on their systems. Unfortunately with this type of arrangement we can not provide software or updates directly to consumers.  :(

-Fred

Offline muyvago

Thank you for your assistance

Offline fwilson

You are welcome.