Author Topic: Video Memory Test error with new Nvidia 570m driver  (Read 10862 times)

Offline keh

Hi,

I have a Thinkpad T61p with a Nvidia Quadro FX 570m video card.  With the latest drivers from Lenovo (driver version 7.15.11.0145, dated 11 July, 2007)the machine passes all the Video Card tests.  With these drivers, however, Bioshock and some toher games won't run.

Using the updated drivers available through Windows Update (driver version 7.15.11.5685, dated 10/12/2007) the games run fine, but now PC Dr 5 can't run the Video Memory Test.  I get the following error message:

Internal Exception in DiagModule::start():
Structured Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Stack Trace:
file: pcdr2d3dvideo.p5x
 instruction offset: 00013127

(end stack trace)
***** NOTE *****: Use stacktraceparser.exe to translate the
instuction offsets into function names

Offline fwilson

keh,

The PC-Doctor Tests are customized to run with the drivers provided by Lenovo.  Once you load non OEM drivers things can get interesting.  Unfortunately there is not much we can do to fix this as we are under contract is with Lenovo.

You may want to try loading the performance reference drivers available from nVidia, you may have better luck testing with these.

-Fred

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline keh

Ok, I thought it was something like that, but I thought I would post this since at some point Lenovo might be looking to update the 570m drivers (to fix these common game issues), and the ones I tested with are the latest WHQL versions... so I thought someone might want to proactively start looking into bug testing

where can I get the Nvidia Performance Reference Drivers - when I go to the Nvidia site and look for 570m drivers it tells me I have to get them direct from my notebook company.

Offline fwilson

keh,

I looked on the site and came up with the same result.  The mobile versions are electrically different then the non-mobile versions.  If there is not a reference driver for the 570m I wouldn’t suggest you load the 570 driver that is there.

I am sending this up the chain to Lenovo. A fix for this and an updated Lenovo driver should be forthcoming in the near future.

-Fred   ;)

Offline keh

Offline fwilson