Author Topic: Pauses in Maximum System Load Test  (Read 3041 times)

Offline rgsteele

Hey all,

I'm working on a laptop that's been acting flaky (Ethernet is cutting out and only connects at 100Mbps on a Gigabit switch, CD-ROM is cutting out, system is freezing). I've run the PC Doctor for DOS and Windows through the whole suite of tests, and neither one is showing any errors, but I still suspect there's a hardware issue.

I've run the Maximum System Load Test and it isn't reporting any errors, but I noticed when it was running that the repetition counts would increment for 1-5 seconds, then everything would pause for 3 seconds or so, and then repeat. Is this normal, or could this indicate a problem?

Any suggestions for other things to try would be appreciated!

Offline fwilson

rgsteele,

This pausing is normal.  When the system is off doing other things the counter is not incremented until the program gets back to that section.  The max system load, as you might guess, makes the system pretty busy.

The kind of problems you are having may also be caused by a corrupted windows install.  Try removing the CD and Network card (one at a time with driver disks in hand) from device manager and see if it straightens out.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts