Author Topic: Warning on Core 0 AMD Phenom 9500  (Read 4314 times)

Offline rollOver

On the HP Pavilion Elite m9100z I am running your diagnostics and getting a "warning" on Core 0. HP Tech Support is claiming that this is nothing to be concerned about and that your software is not written for anything newer than dual-core machines.

Is this true, and what exactly is this warning? I get it whether the TLB patch is active or not.

Offline fwilson

rollOver,

PC-Doctor has been testing quad core CPUs for some time. It is true however that there is probably nothing to worry about.

This appears to be caused by the CPU entering its cool and quiet mode. When the multi-core test is initiated on a CPU in this state, the wakeup process causes the warning due to timing.  Try rebooting and running the test again immediately after reboot, it should pass then. 

There is a p5i setting that you can adjust to give it a little extra time to come up to full speed.   This would be in the pcdrcpu.p5i file, find the line;
Test.MultiCoreTest.errorCorrectionPercent.value = 50.0
Change it to:
Test.MultiCoreTest.errorCorrectionPercent.value = 60.0

Please let me know the results and if you running Vista 32 or 64?

-Fred
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:49:24 am by fwilson »
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline rollOver

Thanks, I thought that HP was not correct about the core status. I am running Vista 64-bit. I will re-run the test, would the hardware boot CD help with that?

Offline fwilson

You could test it with the DOS version although, as long as you know why the warning pops up and how to get around it, the Windows version will do a fine job.

-Fred

Offline rollOver

Yes, I couldn't get it to pass right after reboot (my machine is sleeping at weird times even if I turn sleep off) but changing the parameter you mentioned in the .p5i file resulted in all passed cores, thanks for your help!

Offline fwilson

You are most welcome.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 08:47:56 am by fwilson »