Author Topic: Upgrade form 7.5 to 7.9  (Read 10391 times)

Offline Mr C

Hi,

Can you confirm something for me. Does an upgrade form 7.5 to 7.9 require a new USB testing module?

Thanks

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Mr C,

I am looking into your inquiry, I hope to have a response for you later today, but no later than tomorrow.
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"

Offline Mr C

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello MR. C
When I read your post the first time, I was under the impression you were asking about an updated test module for our USB module (not the thumb drive).  I had to research a bit more as a result, and I do apologize for the delay

To answer your question; if the thumb drive was received as part of the 7.5 full kit, a new thumb drive is not required.
James_PCD

Offline Mr C

Thanks for the reply.

I'm UK based. At the time I purchased my kit I was advised by email that purchasing the 7.0 kit from Amazon UK was the best way to keep cost and postage down. I would then receive an immediate upgrade to 7.5. I've since enquired about upgrading to 7.9 but was told I'd have to pay $199 + shipping for a new USB module. This seems rather harsh for a same version upgrade. My thumb drive currently run 7.5 so why can it not run 7.9?

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Mr C,

As I indicated in my previous post, if the dongle was purchased as part of the full 7.5 kit it will work with 7.9.  However, it appears that you are trying to use the 7.0 dongle with 7.9, which will not work.  To obtain an updated dongle you will have to contact our sales department at sales@pc-doctor.com or you can call 866-289-7237.   
James_PCD

Offline Mr C

So I have to pay the cost of 60% of a new kit to update my current kit if I want to keep up to date. For a version 8 upgrade I could understand this but for a same version upgrade this seems ludicrous.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello Mr C,

I am sorry, I do not know the answer to your question regarding the cost of a new dongle.  I do understand your frustration in the matter, but all I can suggest is to contact the sales team.
James_PCD

Offline Mr C

I've already contacted sales as my previous messages state. They told me $199 + tax plus delivery for the dongle. The service center kit is $329 so there is no way I'm going to pay 60% of the full product for an update.

I apologise for repeating myself but I am finding this extremely frustrating. I've happily used your product for the last year and a half and was pleased to see there was an update available to bring the testing up to date. To then be told I have to pay over half of the cost of the product again to have the upgrade has left me considering ditching PC-Doctor and finding some other Diagnostics software.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Mr. C,

I just re-read your previous posts and apologize for missing the comment about your inquiry into the dongle.  I will pass your frustration on to the sales team.  Could you please private message me with the full name, company (if applicable), and mailing address of the person that purchased 7.0 and received the 7.5 upgrade.  This information will only be shared with the sales team in regards to this thread.

Again I do apologize for your frustration.

Thank you,
James_PCD

Offline Liz_PCD

Mr. C,

I understand your frustration and I apologize for the confusion over our upgrade pricing.  We believe we have a very fair upgrade policy, allowing free upgrades for one year from date of purchase and discounted upgrades for those outside the one year time period.  I have responded to your concerns in a separate email ---- thank you for your quick reply back to me! 

For any other Service Center users who may be following this thread, I’d like to outline a few key points regarding our 7.9 upgrade.
-   If a multipurpose USB device originated with 7.5 software, the same USB key can be used for the 7.9 upgrade.
-   If a multipurpose USB device originated with 7.0 software and was upgraded to 7.5, a new multipurpose USB device is needed for the 7.9 upgrade.

-   The 7.0 device is designed to be compatible with versions 7.0 and 7.5.
-   The 7.9 device is designed to be compatible with versions 7.5 and 7.9.

Thanks for using our products and for your valuable feedback.

Best regards,
Liz

Offline MartynL

Another unhappy client here.  >:(  I bought version 7 and can understand paid upgrades after 1 year but to upgrade the dongle(hardware) I think is a bit off.  I belong to a couple of computer forums for business owners and will make sure people are fully aware of the limitations of this product.  I paid £248 for this.

Offline Kim Seymour

Dear MartynL,

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to address your situation individually, but I will need more information to research your account. Could you please email me at sales@pc-doctor.com?

Thank you,
Kim

Offline datadatau

Wow, I am glad you guys got some help...I wish you the best..I bought version 7.5 and was basically told well you purchased it over a year ago so an upgrade is $199.  Needless to say, the constant cycle of upgrade costs by companies is getting  out of hand, especially when this is not a full version jump. If they would set the upgrade price to a more reasonable number, the might keep customers coming back. My experience with 7.5 is the amount of time it takes to load the program and run the test has hindered how much I use it in real time at the shop. I have yet to recoup my initial return on investment, much less add to that and pony up over 1/2 what it would cost to by the entire version.  I originally purchased based on the promise of a great product and customer support, while it works for the most part, it is way too slow, and this is just the next slap in the face. I guess you could say that I am disappointed, and give an overall grade of C- to a D. I think that I will evaluate the other options available out there and see if something has better speed and useabliliy for a reasonable price.

Offline Kim Seymour

Dear Sir,
You are welcome to contact me to discuss, by emailing sales@pc-doctor.com with your contact information. Version 7.9 is much faster than 7.5. We do not like to see any customer dissatisfied, so I encourage you to make contact with me. Additionally, we might want to review which test scripts you are running to ensure you are testing with both speed and accuracy in mind.