Author Topic: Running a Full (non quick) Diagnostic  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Dead Bird 101

Is there an option to run a full (non- quick) diagnostic test using the Service Center 8? I know that option 1 is the quick test, but I don't see an option for a full long test. I find that testing separate hardware components with separate options to be tedious. Is there any way to run a full long diagnostic test?

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
There is no overlay included by default that will test all components. However, if you press the "R" key at the main menu to enter standalone mode, you can then go through and create your own custom overlay with all the tests enabled if you so choose.

Additional information on running in standalone mode, as well as some info on creating a custom overlay can be found with the Service Center User Guide pages 19-23. The User Guide is available electronically in a number of ways:

1) CD - the documentation is located on the Diagnostics CD at D:\sc\bin\Documentation. (Change the D: as needed to access the CD)
  2) Within SC - Once Service Center for Windows is launched, the documentation is available under the help menu in the top menu bar.
  3) After install - the documentation is copied to the hard drive as part of the installation, e.g.:
  * c:\Program Files (x86)\PC-Doctor Service Center 8\Documentation

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if you need some additional information.

Thanks,
Kris
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.
10345 Professional Circle, Suite 183
Reno, NV 89521
http://support.pc-doctor.com
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Dead Bird 101

Thank you very much for your reply. I will tinker with the standalone mode and see if I can make a custom set of tests. If I need more help. I will let you know. Thanks so much :)