Author Topic: USB isn't recognized by software.  (Read 2091 times)

Offline da64u

I've tried on three different computers booting from CD/USB and running installation in windows and when it comes time to run tests it says that the USB is not inserted, but the USB is inserted and LED's are lit.

I've tried using the restore tool three times to create the USB and each time says it's successful but still isn't recognized by the program.

I think it's possible I received a lemon.

I purchased this Service Center 8 kit (Basic) from the site less than a week ago.

Can you help?

Thanks (:

(Tested on Win 7, and Win Vista computers)

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi da64u,

First off I would like to clarify something, when you say you have used the restore tool 3 times to "create the USB". Are you trying to restore the Multipurpose USB Device that came with the kit, or are you trying to create a new one using a third party USB thumb drive?

The reason I ask is because the restore tool is designed for the Multipurpose USB Device, and even if it was able to restore the files to a 3rd party key it would still be unable to unlock the software for use.

If you are attempting to use the USB Device that came with your kit, and your system isn't seeing it for activation then we may have to replace it. If you need a replacement please send me a PM with your email and order information and I will get the ball rolling on an RMA.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline da64u

Yes, I was using the USB provided. It came with no data on it. I do think I'll need to obtain a new one because I've had extensive experience using Service Center in the past and I'm sure it's not a user error. I'll be sending you a PM. Thanks