Author Topic: Scripting Service Center 8 for DOS  (Read 5481 times)

Offline HCHTech

I'm a new user, coming from PC-Check.  Is there a guide somewhere and some sample scripts to control service center for DOS?  Just to get started, for example, I'd like tests 1, 4 and 5 (Quick Test, CPU/Quick Memory, MB/Video) to run in sequence without user intervention.  I've looked through the advanced user guide on the Windows CD, but I'm unclear on how to get started.

Thanks!

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
In order to create and save your own testing scripts you must first enter standalone mode (Press 'R' from the DOS menu) from there you can go into the diagnostics tab and add and remove tests for different components as desired.

Once you have set the tests that you feel are needed you can then press the F2 key to access options which will allow you to save the set of tests you have configured as an overlay. You can overwrite one of the existing scripts or create a new one (obviously we recommend against overwriting the standard scripts).

There is also the ability to adjust the autoexec.bat file within the Multipurpose USB Device if you want to configure your testing to be completely automated. The instructions on how to work from a command line on pages 19-28 are a good guide of how to do so. If you have any problems with your custom batch file, be sure to remember that you can restore the MUD to it's factory defaults.

I will help how I can with this process, but please be aware that the support I am able to provide is limited.

Let me know if this answers you question to your satisfaction.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline HCHTech

Perfect - I'll give it a try - thanks!

Offline HCHTech

Ok, I can see how this works.  If I load the overlay for 'quick test', then manually go into diagnostics and load the 10 or so different pages, I can see what is included in the quick test.  If I use this procedure for each of the pre-done overlays, I could figure out what is a subset of what, and build an custom overlay that includes what I want.

Is this printed out in the manual anywhere to help me with this process?  I'd like to avoid manually paging through and recording each screen to accomplish the goal (issue one command, have it run all the procedures I want then tell me the answers all without user intervention).

Is there any way to concatenate the tests available on the main screen?  In other words, somehow enter 1,4,5,M and hit "Go" to run the Quick Test overlay, followed by the CPU test overlay, followed by the Motherboard test overlay, followed by the Maximum System Load test -- all without user intervention?  I realize there would be some overlap, but this would accomplish the goal.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Unfortunately I can't seem to find any documentation on exactly which tests are included in each overlay. However, you don't necessarily need to know what is in the other overlays before creating your own.

I recommend simply going through the lists of tests and adding which ones you feel would serve your purposes best. The Advanced User Guide provides detailed test descriptions so that you can understand the purpose and scope of each test you add to your custom overlay.

Unfortunately I have yet to find a way to run both a stress test and a diagnostics test automatically in succession. It may be possible, but it isn't something we support and my trials were unsuccessful.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.