Author Topic: PC Doctor 8 Service Center  (Read 4896 times)

Offline Jones60800

I have PC Doctor 7.5 Service Center Premier, and use it all the time. Now I have a new PC that uses UEFI for booting. Will Service Center Premier 8.0 boot with UEFI?
Also, I have tried to upgrade twice, one on the phone, and one online. So far, I have not been successful at obtaining the upgrade.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Unfortunately, Service Center 8 will not boot to DOS with UEFI enabled. We are working on the ability to do so, but at this time there exists no method to boot to a USB Device that doesn't have Windows or Linux on it.

In order to boot into DOS from our Multipurpose USB Device you will have to disable Secure Boot, and enable Legacy Boot Mode. Unfortunately not all devices that utilize UEFI have these options available. (Just a note that some systems only utilize one or the other, in this case you will not be able to find the other option)

Once you have made these changes try booting to the device again and things ought to work. Just for your information, this should also work with SC 7.5 for DOS.

As for your second concern, when you submitted for an upgrade to SC 8 you should have provided your information so that our sales team can contact you. This is due to the fact that upgrading from Service Center 7.5 to 8.0 is not a free upgrade and will require you to purchase an upgrade. We provide a free upgrade to the next version of Service Center, the release after that must be purchased.

I will make sure to let the sales department know that you are looking at SC 8, if you provide me with some contact info I can have them contact you directly.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:37:46 pm by Kris_PCD »
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Jones60800

Please excuse me, I did not check your reply after posting it. Thank you very much for answering my post. I know many people will find it useful. I finally after three attempts, was able to buy the upgrade to PC-Doctor 8. Please continue to work on a way to boot from PC-Doctor when a computer won't boot from the HD. I repair computers and need a way to test newer computer using UEFI.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Thank you for the update, I will make a new post when we have a UEFI compatible solution available.

Let me know if you run into any other issues that you need help with.
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi Jones60800,

I told you that I would update this post once a UEFI solution was available. Service Center 9 now includes a new boot environment designed to allow testing on UEFI systems without the necessity of enabling legacy mode.

See this post for more information: http://www.pcdoctor-community.com/forum/index.php/topic,792.0.html
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.