Author Topic: WILL NOT DETECT MULTIPURPOSE TOOL  (Read 4145 times)

Offline cartworld

Working on a HP Pavillion Slimline S3300f Win Vista.The cd boots but the mutipurpose usb is not seen. The green lite comes on, but says please insert usb tool? The computer is working I want to run tests to check all items. service center 9 v3

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi cartworld,

The first question I would like to ask is, which environment are you trying to boot into? I would also like to know if the USB device is accessible if you use another computer running in Windows?

If you are attempting to use Service Center DOS for testing, some systems have been found to have difficulty reading the USB device for authentication when booting from the CD. If this is the case, I would recommend that you boot from the USB key instead.

If you are testing with Bootable Diagnostics, then it shouldn't matter which environment is used to boot. The only issue we have found with reading from the USB device is that adding or removing the key during the boot process can cause errors. If this is the method you are using, I would recommend either booting from the USB key or waiting until the software loads before connecting the key.

Please let me know the the answers to my questions, and if either of my suggestions help at all.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline cartworld

Testing with bootable diagnostics. Didn't add key until everything loaded. There is no boot from usb option in machine bios.Inserted tool into another computer and it is not seen by computer. Check on win7 and win vista machines.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I'm sorry to say that if you can't access the device from a known good computer, then it sounds like it may have failed and requires an RMA. I will be sending you a PM with additional instructions so that we can get the RMA process started.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and we will try to get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline remark

Having same issue. I have 6 of these USB keys and only 1 will not detect or run. The lights flash light activity but it is not recognized on any system. It shows up but it is empty and will not activate the PC Doctor Program but the rest of them do.   

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Please submit a support ticket using our Service Center support form (http://www.pcdservicecenter.com/support.php). It sounds like you may also require an RMA.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.