Author Topic: WPE01-J9E  (Read 3562 times)

Offline nummymuffin

When I run the Motherboard test after a cold boot the 28th test- PCI Express Status Test fails with the error WPE01-J9E.  I don't get this error when I do a warm boot.  I Have two Asus GTX 590 graphics cards in an SLI setup installed in an ASRock X79 Extreme6 motherboard with Windows 7.  When I undo the SLI setup weather by removing one of the GTX 590 cards or by removing the SLI cable or simply disabling SLI mode in the software settings I do not get the error even when I cold boot.  Pc doctor said I should unplug the PC for a minuet and then reboot and reinstall the drivers.  I have tried this with both the drivers for the motherboard and for the Graphics cards with no results.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi nummymuffin,

I would first like to ask which version of our software you are running, and if you have seen any other graphics related test failures or glitches on this system? I would also like to request the model number of your graphics cards (both model numbers if they aren't 100% identical).

While you get that information for me, I will ask around and see if there are any reported issues with SLI configurations.

Thank you for your assistance, and I apologize for the wait.
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline nummymuffin

I am running version 6.2.6457.72 of the PC-Doctor software.  Both Graphics cards are ASUS GTX 590 cards. Part No. 90-C3CHH0-U0UAY0YZ  ENGTX590/3DIS/3GD5.  I have not seen any other graphics failures or glitches.  I have had some blue screen events, but I am not sure if they are related.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hi nummymuffin,

I asked around, and there aren't any known issues with running our diagnostics on SLI enabled systems. However, I will ask again about Quad-SLI configurations (or SLI with Dual-GPU graphics cards) like what you appear to have.

If you have had recent BSOD's (Blue Screen of Death), I would take a look in the Performance tile for your version of PC-Doctor Toolbox. It should provide some explanation for what caused the Blue Screen, and offer some suggestions for a possible resolution. If you would be willing to share, I would be interested to know what our software says about them.

I will get back to you as soon as I have found any information, but I am beginning to think that this is a false positive that we will need to investigate further.

Thanks for your help,
Kris
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline nummymuffin

I would be willing to share some of the BSOD info, what would be the best way to send you the information about them?

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I just sent you a PM with an email address and the support ticket associated with this issue. I also wanted to mention that I have spoken with our QA department, and while we have tested various SLI configurations the closest we have come to your setup is a pair of Dual-GPU Quadro cards.

We are still discussing possible causes, and if we may need to purchase a couple of cards like yours to attempt a reproduction of the issue. Since this appears to only be causing problems with the PCI Express Status Tests, the general consensus is to ignore it as a (now) known issue until we can find the cause.

Thanks again, and I look forward to taking a look at the logs you provide.
Kris
PC-Doctor, Inc.
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hey again nummymuffin,

I took a look at the test results you provided and spoke with one of the lead developers, and these were his recommendations:
  • Check for any BIOS updates for your Motherboard
  • Check for any firmware updates to the graphics cards

The thing that I find odd, is that the test failure doesn't have any obvious connection to the graphics cards. How were you able to discover that the problem was resolved by disabling SLI?

P.S. Can you please provide a photo of the system configuration (most notably your graphics cards and memory)?

Thanks again for your help,
Kris
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:46:23 pm by Kris_PCD »
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline nummymuffin

I did the Bios and firmware updates some time ago.  I haven't had a BSOD since but that motherboard test is still the same.  I would be happy to send a photo of the system configuration, should I send to the same email you sent before?

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Yes please.  :)

Thanks again,
Kris
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.