Author Topic: Toolbox Problems  (Read 2650 times)

Offline raider4

I have used a version of this on my HP, but no longer have it so I purchased the Toolbox.
I have 2 problem areas but will only address one since I have an open support ticket on the other.  Interestingly, they are similar complaints and may be related.

In Security I am getting the alert "!" sign.  On review, it says my Comodo Antivirus is Disabled and my spyware scanner is not up to date.  This is, I assume, also part of the Comodo problem picked up by Toolbox

Problem:  I only have Comodo Firewall which is completely up to date. I am not using their suite, which includes an antivirus.

Is there a way to eliminate this problem and point the program at my antivirus which is always up to date?  I cannot "Ignore" the false entries, there is no option for that.

Any help appreciated.  If you need more info, please let me know

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I am sorry to hear about the confusion our product is causing in this instance. The closest thing to your issue that I have seen was caused by both Norton's software firewall and the Windows firewall remaining enabled by design.

I will try and recreate this issue, and I will let you know if I am able to find a resolution.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline raider4

Interestingly, I have added Comodo Anti-virus to see what would happen.  Both the Firewall and the Antivirus are activated and up to date.  On the main screen, I still get that explanation point and the finger is still pointed at Comodo.  Of course I now show 2 anti virus programs and 2 firewalls (Windows Firewall and Comodo). 
Is it possible something Comodo does it causing Toolbox to flag it?
I wish that Toolbox programmers could get the program to identify the "issues" it finds by name (Brand) or type (Firewall, Antivirus, etc). I have turned off Windows
Firewall but that has had no effect.  I will continue to play with this issue on my side to see what I can come up with.  Meanwhile, I hope something I have said here may help solve this puzzler.  Thanks for any assistance.

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Thank you for sharing your findings. I was able to recreate the issue with your firewall on my test system, and have reported the issue to the developers.

However, it appears that the reason for this is that Comodo uses an unusual and non-standard method to report it's status. I also found that when I installed the firewall only product on my test system that it had disabled my Windows Defender software. So it is always possible that the software isn't entirely wrong, and that Comodo includes some portion of their other services regardless of how you choose to use the product.

For the time being I would suggest that you simply ignore the errors if Comodo and your anti-virus are both taking care of their respective tasks.

Sorry that I can't provide an immediate solution, but please let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline daf44

I have the same issues using Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, 2014 and now with the 2015 version. I reported this (for the 2013 version) on the forum 2 years ago but there still no solution. I would accept an interim solution that would allow to "Ignore" the issue, but this is not possible with the current version of PC-Doctor.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:50:07 pm by daf44 »

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
For the issue that raider4 is experiencing, the ignore button should work. As for daf44's issues, please take a look at the PM I will be sending you shortly.
Kris_PCD
PC-Doctor, Inc.