Author Topic: USB device not recognised; Service Centre 8  (Read 3024 times)

Offline ShaneTech

Hi there! We use PC-Doctor Service Centre 8 in order to create reports and diagnose system issues. However, sometimes the USB stick comes up as 'Unrecognised' in certain systems and thus we can't run a diagnostic scan. The stick works in most other systems. Is there any way round this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I can only think of one situation that matches your description. We have found that some of the USB devices distributed with Service Center 8 and older can experience issues on systems running ESET antivirus software.

While we have found a permanent solution, it requires an upgrade to a Service Center 9 USB device, the only other confirmed solution is to remove the ESET software from the computer while testing. You should however still be able to run Service Center DOS (or Bootable Diagnostics if you are eliigble for a free software upgrade to Service Center 9).

Please let me know if you have any other questions or issues, or if you find that the systems in question are not using ESET software.

Thank you,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.

Offline ShaneTech

Thanks for the reply, Kris!

Coincidently, the system we are currently trying to get a report for has ESET installed. The system runs the boot disk diagnostics just fine. If this customer has a free version of ESET installed, then i'll remove it and try again.

We've come across this issue on systems without ESET in the past and it's not a case of it just working on newer systems either, it's a mixed bag. I'll let you know the next time we come across a system with the same USB issue that hasn't got ESET installed.

Thanks again!

Offline Kris_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Thank you for the update, and I would greatly appreciate it if you can let me know the next time you run into issues like this without ESET installed. We do our best to avoid software or hardware interactions like these, but it is difficult to account for all possible configurations.

If you are interested, I would also recommend contacting sales to see about an upgrade to the Service Center 9 dongle. I know that they do have some discounted options for existing Service Center 8 customers. You can find their contact info Here.

Thanks again for your assistance,
Kris
Kris_PCD
Technical Support Representative
PC-Doctor, Inc.