Author Topic: Dell Support Centre does not detect internet connection  (Read 20536 times)

Offline Sceptical-H

Dell Support Center throws up "Internet connectivity is required. Check your connection and try again." when any options requiring online access are selected. I've downloaded and installed the latest version and changed the Proxy settings to Connect Directly, all to no avail.

I have a cable modem connected via a wireless router to the ethernet card. Support Center detects the card which passes the Internet Communication Test but reports "No Connection" for the Local Network Communication and the Data Transfer Verification Tests (I don't have any other ethernet connected devices). All other tests are passed.

I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell Vostro 230.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:30:54 pm by Sceptical-H »

Offline Sceptical-H

Problem solved.

I had to indroduce pcdrcui.exe to my Comodo firwall.

Offline hornboy

I have been having the same problem and have tried many solutions suggested on the net.  Usually the problem is accompanied by the yellow triangle in the network icon in the system tray.  I would like to know how to "introduce" pcdrcui.exe to the firewall, in my case the Windows Firewall under W7.  I did create an entry in the firewall asking it to permit outgoing connections by that .exe, but it had no effect on the PC checkup results.

Offline honeycombe

I'm having this same problem. I will try to "indroduce pcdrcui.exe" to my Windows firwall, although I'm not sure what "introduce" means in this instance.

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
I am not sure which OS you are using or if the steps differ.  The steps below will allow you to add pcdrcui.exe to windows firewall as an "allowed applciation."
Windows 7
launch control panel
Click on Allow a program through windows firewall
Click on the allow another program...  button
Browse to the location of pcdrcui.exe is install and click the add button.
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"