Author Topic: pcdlauncher.exe - Application Error / Lenovo X201 Toolbox  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Jari-Pekka

Hi,
just got a new hard drive to my Lenovo X201 computer and assembled the Tool box and other Lenovo updates. During the assembly the computer went to blue screen and restarted. Then after the Tool box doesn't open, just giving the pcdlauncer.exe error. I have uninstalled (from Win7 Control panel) the Tool box and reboot the computer after that and then installed the Tool box through Lenovo System update, but can not get the Tool box running. It gives the same error all the time.

Any ideas?

With best regards,
Jari-Pekka

Offline James_PCD

• PC-Doctor, Inc
Hello,

I do apologize for the frustrations that you are experiencing.

It is possible a file has been changed, deleted, or corrupted and a full uninstall and reinstall may correct the problem. Please uninstall the program using the Windows Control Panel (XP – Add/Remove Programs; Vista/Win7 – Programs and Features).

Once the application is uninstalled you will need to remove the PCDr application data folder (which is an additional step compared to what you have done before) by following these steps:

a. Click on the lower-left Windows icon
b. Type Folder Options in the search box
c. Click the View tab
d. Make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is selected
e. Click OK
f. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\
g. Delete the PCDr folder

Once this is complete, please reinstall using the setup file from the website below:
http://web.lenovothinkvantagetoolbox.com/index.html

Once the install completes, please attempt to run the program.

If you continue to have this same error after the re-installation, if you could, please send me debug logs from when you run LTT. To do this, please follow these steps:

1) Open a command window by clicking on the windows icon in the lower left corner of the desktop (usually).
2) In the search window, type CMD
3) You should the “CMD.EXE” application appear
4) Click the application
5) Type this into the window: “cd c:\program files\pc-doctor” (omitting the “ “)
6) Hit ENTER
7) Type “pcdrcui.exe –enabledebuglogs” (hit YES if prompted)
8) Launch Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox
9) Wait for the application to stop responding.
10) Shut the application down
11) In the same command window you had open previously, type “pcdrcui.exe –disabledebuglogs” and hit ENTER (Say YES if prompted)
12) Open up the same PCDr folder you opened earlier. Send me the logs from this folder
a. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\
b. Open the PCDr\5802 folder
c. Right click on the LOGS folder, and then “send to compressed folder” (creates a zip file)
13) Send those logs to me

Once I get these logs, I can have our development team take a look and see if we can find a root cause.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue or if you have any further questions or feedback regarding our product or your support experience.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you and have a great day.

jbpcdr
James_PCD

"May the dog of simplicity lift its leg on the lamp post of progress"