Author Topic: Post Card Code 33?  (Read 4635 times)

Offline flashstand

Hello,

I am currently having an issue with my HP Slimline 3120n. I am using a pci post card to display the codes but they do not seem to match up.

I am trying to figure out why I am not able to get any video from my computer or any normal beep codes. The code states error 33, when I looked at the code for hp bis (bioscentral) it said Parallel port test or Parallel port test.

I have tried contacting support and they said to find the type of intel mobo that I have, I have been unable to do that.

The computer beeps when all of the ram is taken out, I have changed the battery with a working one, reset the mobo and taken off all unnecessary peripherals and extra pci hardware including the hard drive. Only thing on the computer is the power supply, cpu, fan and mobo. When I take the cpu out I hear no beep codes and the fan spins so fast that I actually cut a huge chunk of my flesh off by accident.

I just want to figure out what is going on and if it would pay to fix this or just sell it as is for parts.

Also, I have checked the motherboard and no capacitors are busted or seem in bad condition. Also, this is a fairly new mobo, I bought it to fix a friends computer a few months back after his mobo was damaged and the mobo did not work at that time either.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 02:22:34 pm by flashstand »

Offline fwilson

flashstand,

Which version of the PC-Doctor POST card are you using?  Did it come with Service Center 6 or 7-7.5?

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline flashstand

It is 7-7.5.

Offline fwilson

flashstand,

Is is Service Center 7 or Service Center 7.5.  I need to identify the POST card you have.

-Fred

Offline flashstand

I believe 7.5 .

Offline fwilson

flashstand,

For Service Center 7.5, the Jumper setting for the card are included on the instruction card packaged with the PC-Doctor POST card.

When and where did you purchase PC-Doctor Service Center? 
What is printed on your distrubution CD Media?

-Fred

Offline flashstand

Got it secondhand from my friend who fixes computers, he no longer needed it. What jumper settings? And I no longer have the instruction card, and this card was purchased originally by my pal within the past 5 months. I don't have the CD on hand right now.

Offline fwilson

flashstand,

We need to deal with this offline.  Please fill out a tech support form at:
http://www.pcdservicecenter.com/support.php

Include your Pals name, the date he bought it and the date the transfer took place.  We can look it up in  the database and find out what you have.

I am referring to the jumpers on the POST card.  All PC-Doctor cards have jumpers or DIP switched to modify the cards behavior and make it work in different systems.

The code 33 you are seeing is not technically an error it is just the last thing the PC was doing.  While Parallel port is indicated by 33 on some HP systems on some 33 is Initialize POST dispatch manager, hanging there is not so good.

I would attempt to put in a cheap PCI video card and see if you can get it to boot.  These systems have known issues with the on-board video. If that doesn't work part it out and put it on eBay.

-Fred