Author Topic: Memory Test Failure_BIOME-1 Error Code  (Read 18264 times)

Offline Hoyter52

I have an HP M4100t desk top computer running Vista just over a year old.  My computer started shutting down on its own without notice.  When I rebooted I would get indication of a memory problem.  I ran the HP PC Doctor program (ver. 2.????) and got the BIOME-1 error code.  The shutdowns kept happening sooner and sooner until I can no longer boot up.  I end up with a DOS screen that is only up for a few seconds but has a count up, something about "memory dump..."?  Any ideas, I would like to at least get back in for a short time to recover some e-mail.

Offline fwilson

Hoyter52,

This error code indicates a Memory error as does all the other problems you have been having.  The only way you are going to get this back up and going is to fix the memory error in the system. 

You could try to reseat the memory chips, take the chips out, clean the contacts with an eraser and put it back in. If that does not work you will have to purchase new ram or start a warranty process with HP if your system is still covered.

Running a system with memory errors for any length of time is not a good idea.  It has a tendency to corrupt info on the hard drive.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline THD

I have a HP and had trouble booting up could not figure out why .  I kept trying and trying finally booted up so I could search what was going on took me a day are so to figure it out.  Went to computer looked at my drives and my factory image was nearly maxed out so I right clicked on it and clicked format to default and bam my problem was solved .  Has booted up and worked great ever since.  Also when I ran diagnostics it said my memory was bad this is before I figured out what was going on now its all good.  Hope this help some of yall .