Author Topic: Unattended Testing  (Read 3707 times)

Offline mchtower

Is there is a way to run tests involving loopback connections unattended? It seems like I should be able to run the Network External Loopback test without being prompted for loopback connectors I've already connected. Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline fwilson

mchtower,

That is very easy to do in the DOS environment.  PCDR is feature rich and very flexible from the command line. 

You can create an overlay to test the devices you want and save it to one of the open slots (there are 10).  Then exit to DOS and run PCDR from the command line with the appropriate switches.  The options and details are explained in the manual on your distribution disk.  Going over this will give you many ideas on how you can automate processes and make PCDR do just about anything you want.

Custom CD’s can be created with your customized overlays, scripts, batch files, configuration files and anything else you desire, customizing your testing to your exact specifications.

For example the following command line will run test overlay #1, disabling all prompting and log the results into a:\testlog.log.
pcdr /ba:01 /pr:a:\testlog /np    :)

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline mchtower

Fred,

Thanks,that was somewhat helpful but I really need to be able to do this in a Windows environment. I'm still not clear why the program would prompt me to do something that has already been done regardless of whether I'm in DOS or Windows.

Offline fwilson

mchtower,

It is in Tools > Settings
Always prompt
Priompt Once
Never Prompt

As far as why we would offer the option, many reasons one would be multiple passes with different media.

-Fred

Offline mchtower

Fred,

Thanks for your reply, that helped clear it up a bit, however, I don't see a Tools menu. I'm using Service Center 7.

Offline fwilson

mchtower,

I see.  Please contact sales at 1-866-289-7237.  Customers who purchased SC 7.0 are eligible for an upgrade to 7.5, which includes the tools menu I was speaking about.

Alternatively you can fill out the Tech support form located at the bottom of this web page: http://www.pcdservicecenter.com/support.php to get the ball rolling.

In the comments section briefly explain the situation and that you would like to upgrade to 7.5.

I believe we can also stop all prompting by editing a configuration file but that would take a little research.  Getting an upgrade to 7.5 would be better.

-Fred

Offline mchtower

Fred,

Thanks, I was able to get and install the upgrade to 7.5. The option on the Tools menu is exactly what I was looking for.

Offline fwilson

mchtower,

Glad to hear it, we aim to please.

-Fred