Author Topic: computer will not turn on  (Read 2546 times)

Offline jo_jo

Hi please help!! My computer will switch on and gets to the windows xp loadind screan then switches its self to " open windows as normal" , Safe mode, and start windows from last point of working press on any and jumps straight back to start up screen again. What can i do to restore it all? has lots of pictures of my children. Help please

thanks jo

Offline fwilson

jo_jo,

Have you tried to boot up in safe mode? Last known good good configuration?

It sounds as if you have a driver issue causing a reboot.  Have you done any updates lately?

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline jo_jo

hi yes tried em all still no good does same thing goes back to start! dont know what eles to do

cheers jo

Offline fwilson

Jo,

Depending on how comfortable you are with hardware, you could mount the drive in another system and copy your data off to a safe place.  I would burn a DVD / CD with the pictures and other data if you have a burner available. 

If you don't have another computer available you could do  a repair with the original XP distribution media, make sure you choose repair and do not format.  That should get you to a point you can at least back up the pictures to CD or USB media.

You should also contact you OEM before you proceed for advice and best practices to safeguard your data.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts