Author Topic: pc-doctor5 for winPE  (Read 5286 times)

Offline midgecomp

A problem I'm hoping you can help me solve. My virus scan as well as other spyware scans are stalling and my computer is locking up at the following file location.......D:\MiniNT\PC- Doctor 5 for Win PE\pcdrdvdramdrive.p5x........I thought perhaps as it appears to be a pc doctor file that is part of the software bundle that came with my HP computer you could help...thank you

Offline fwilson

midgecomp,

There is no reason I can think of that would cause this behavior.  Even if the file is corrupt it should still scan.

Try copying the file to a USB drive and removing it from the D:\MiniNT\PC- Doctor 5 for Win PE\ directory. 

The D: drive is your recovery partition and is not used in normal operation.  PC-Doctor is placed there to do hardware diagnostics from the recovery boot process in case of system failure.

You could set your scanning software to ignore this directory or even remove the files.  Before you remove it I would contact HP and obtain a link to the program to restore the Windows PE version of PC-Doctor to your recovery partition.  It could come in handy if something goes awry.

What virus and spyware software are you using?

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

PCD_Christopher

A problem I'm hoping you can help me solve. My virus scan as well as other spyware scans are stalling and my computer is locking up at the following file location.......D:\MiniNT\PC- Doctor 5 for Win PE\pcdrdvdramdrive.p5x........I thought perhaps as it appears to be a pc doctor file that is part of the software bundle that came with my HP computer you could help...thank you

The HP distributed PC-Doctor products are not longer offered or supported by HP. That said, we do offer our Toolbox product for free and can be used as a much more modern replacement for the HP diagnostics previously distributed by them.
https://www.pc-doctor.com/solutions/toolbox