Author Topic: USB Tests cannot run  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Thomas K

I've got a old version (7.9) that I'm still using.  I'm looking at upgrading it soon, but in the meantime I need to use this.
I'm getting a couple errors/cannot run states on a Lenovo Ideapad 110.
USB Devices
USB Status Test - Cannot Run
USB HUB
USB Status Test - Passed
USB Devices
USB Status Test - Cannot Run

Is it the outdated version not catching the newer hardware, or something else?

The unit only has 2 USB ports. (one blue)

Note, these are the only two issues with running 7.9 on this laptop.

PCD_Christopher

Hello and thank you for reaching out to us with this question.

To clarify what the test actually does:
"This test locates all USB controllers, hubs, and devices attached to the system and verifies that
the system is detecting them correctly. It also verifies the devices are correctly communicating with the USB controller
by directly accessing each physical device. If any devices are present but not enabled, the test will log as Cannot Run.
If the test detects a problem with the USB controller communicating with USB devices, it will log as Failed."

So unless you have USB devices such as a USB Flash Drive or USB attached mouse connected to the USB port, the test will result in a "Cannot Run" status.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to help.

Offline Thomas K

I've tried to run the USB tests one at at time with a couple different devices plugged into the USB Ports.

2 Ports visible

#2 with the PC Doctor dongle plugged in (the CD boot under WinPE will only recognise it in this port.
 #1 I've tried with the PC Doctor dongle, 3-4 different USB Thumb drives.  A external DVD drive, and a USB Dock with a hard drive attached.  Nothing.

Now, during one of the USB Port Tests, another box comes up and I get this

Insert a USB Device in all ports you want to test.  Detected USB Devices may take a few seconds to appear.

USB Mass Storage device
Unknown USB Device
Unknown USB Device
Unknown USB Device

Number of ports tested: 4
Pass - Fail - Cancel

If all tested USB Ports successfully detected a device, click the pass button.

PCD_Christopher

Hello Thomas,

The USB Status Test will only run when a USB device is connected to the USB port. Here are the details on what the status test do:

This test locates all USB controllers, hubs, and devices attached to the system and verifies that
the system is detecting them correctly. It also verifies the devices are correctly communicating with the USB controller
by directly accessing each physical device. If any devices are present but not enabled, the test will log as Cannot Run.
If the test detects a problem with the USB controller communicating with USB devices, it will log as Failed.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.