Author Topic: PC FREEZES  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Mildare

My PC freezes suddenly. I have not noticed anything in particular that could be causing this issue. It doesn´t matter what I am doing at the moment. It may be working  smoothly for a while, and suddenly without warning it freezes. The only thing to do in that event is to force turning it off. I installed PC Doctor to see if I can determine the cause, but the last time it happened, PC Doctor didn't record any previous event.

PCD_Christopher

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. System freezing can usually be attributed to hardware related issues. Most notably when system fans fail to cool certain hardware components such as the CPU. That being said, it could also be a result of software bugs or driver issues.

If PC-Doctor is not detecting an issue, this may be due to the issue not presenting itself while PC-Doctor is running scans. Can you let me know which PC-Doctor product you are using? Toolbox or Service Center?

To determine if this is hardware related or software related, it is advised to boot Windows into Safe Mode for a while and see if the system freezes up. Safe Mode will only enable the bare minimum required features and services to run. This will  help to determine if there is a start up application or service that is causing the freezing. If freezing occurs after some time in Safe Mode, it is likely a hardware related issue.

Offline Mildare

I am using PC Doctor Toolbox. I think it os not registering anything due to the sudden freeze; PC Dr will also freeze and stop monitoring. I can't perform the test you suggest, because the freeze may happen after several days running, while on stand by or while using it. I would have to cancel document sharing, etc.

PCD_Christopher

I am sorry you are having trouble with your PC freezing. If you cannot place the device in Safe Mode, you may try using Windows Reliability Monitor to see if any events were logged around the time of a system freeze. The following article will show you how to open the Reliability Monitor and what to look for. https://www.howtogeek.com/222730/how-to-find-out-why-your-windows-pc-crashed-or-froze/

You could also dig into Windows Event Viewer for possible issues as well.

If none of these solutions work, as a last resort, there is always the option of backing up all of your user data and restoring the machine back to its factory defaults and reinstalling Windows. If the problem still exists following a system restore, this is likely a hardware related issue.