Author Topic: Error CD523-6W  (Read 8021 times)

Offline Firedoc0

• Begnal Enterprises
My question is I ran PC Doctor, and on one of my CD-ROM drives returns an Error of CD523-6W....why have an error code number if you cannot find out what this specifically means and a possible solution?

One of my pet peeves with Microsoft, programers can write in error messages, however why not assign a number by OS and problem with specifics so all you need is the number to searck Knownledge Skills, instead of having to write out the whole error message word for word?  It sure would make it easier all away around.

So I Google CD523-6W, nothing is found...I queried PC Doctor's site and nothing is found.  As high tech as computers are supposed to be, I would think this would be feasible and the computer should be able to specifically provide probelm insight and specific solutions for a layman, otherwise why have error messages in the first place....a Technician I am sure is the only one who needs to know.

Microsoft provides feedback when you receive and error so they may improve their software, why not other software companies and get back to use specifically with the issue and solution something like On-Star in cars....the technician can interrupt and advise as it is happening of course not if you are having to re-boot or get the BSD....so get back to me then.

So I guess I will never know the answer to CD523-6W.....thanks....Doc
Firedoc

Offline fwilson

Firedoc0,

You are running an OEM version of PC-Doctor.  This build was written specifically for your machine by us under contract to your OEM.  These error codes are meaningful to the tech support department at HP.  I am sorry to say you must contact them for an explanation as we are not allowed to provide one.  You can also find helpful information in the PC-Doctor detailed test log by clicking the hyperlink in PC-Doctor that says, "Additional information is available in the detailed test log."

You may want to try different media to run the tests, bad or incompatible media can cause this.

-Fred
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:18:07 pm by fwilson »
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts