Author Topic: Can't get rid of that " Fail " in diagnostics...  (Read 2097 times)

Offline hyperwolf

Hi, even 3 weeks after replacement of my RAM stciks - sticks that have greatfully passed all tests - I cannnot get rid of that notification. Any way to delete part of system history to solve the problem or whatever solution? Thanks in advance again, R.C.

PCD_Christopher

Hello Hyperwolf,
Can you please provide a screenshot of the "FAIL" notification you are referring to? The majority of informative notifications can be ignored.

Offline hyperwolf

I don't think it would be useful to put a screenshot here and of course that notification can be ignored but it would be cool if we were able to delete old report files. Tell me if ever there is one. Thanks again, hype.

Offline hyperwolf

Here is the proof, no way to get rid of it even after replacing RAM. There must be a way tp delete those logs!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:25:45 pm by hyperwolf »

PCD_Christopher

Thank you for providing the screenshot of your issue. I am currently attempting to replicate this issue in order to advise on possible resolution.

Thank you for your patience

PCD_Christopher

Hello,
Thank you again for you patience and the information that you have provided us in regard to the issue you are experiencing. It is recommended that you do a complete reinstall of Toolbox for Windows to resolve this issue. Please uninstall Toolbox from Windows and then follow the directions below to remove Toolbox and related directories before reinstalling Toolbox.

1.Hold Down the Windows key and press the "R" key
2.In the "Run" window, type %programdata% and press enter
3. Delete the PCDr directory
4. Hold down the Windows key and press the "R" key
5. In the "Run" windows, type %appdata% and press enter
6. Delete the PCDr directory

You can now reinstall PC-Doctor Toolbox for Windows. If you do not have access to either you Toolbox install media, you license key, or both, please contact PC-Doctor Support at: https://www.pc-doctor.com/support/open-support-ticket?view=ticket&layout=open and we can provide that for you.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you

Offline hyperwolf

Exactly what I do not want to do and I know how. Hope you will some time in the near future come with an update that will allow users to get rid of old logs. Thanks although, hype.

Offline hyperwolf

Disappointed, really disappointed here! How can a company let customers down like that when such a problem occurs? :-(
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:11:57 am by hyperwolf »

PCD_Christopher

Hello Hyperwolf,

I am sorry that you are unsatisfied with our product. This issue regarding Toolbox for Windows displaying a test failure after successful testing has occurred has been documented and will be addressed in an upcoming update of our product. Until we are able to release an update, the only current workaround would be to follow the steps above to reinstall Toolbox for Windows.

Please feel free to open up a support ticket with us if you have any further issues and we would be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Offline Emmitt

Is there an ETA on the update that's going to fix this, Christopher?

PCD_Christopher

Hello Emmitt,

Unfortunately we are unable to provide ETAs on future updates as development and testing is currently ongoing. However, you can enable notifications for updates within the Toolbox application settings. This feature is enabled by default with Toolbox.