Author Topic: pcdrwi.exe  (Read 3002 times)

Offline MS Digby 23

Windows 10Home, Dell XPS 8900 desktop, using Dell SupportAssist. The file in question  is identified in the Task Manager as PC-Doctor Communications, and the Property Sheet  shows the actual name of the file as pcdrwi.exe. pcdrwi.exe presents no problems except when SupportAssist is run.

When that takes place, pcdrwi.exe shows a Request in PowerShell, powercfg -requests. That request prevents the  computer from going to sleep automatically, as do other such requests, and pcdrwi.exe does not ever remove that request. I can kill the task thorough Task Manager, but should not have to do that, and then the only way that I have found to restart it is by rebooting, as clicking on the .exe seems to have no effect.

I have now spent more than a few hours in phone conversations and remote sessions with Dell Support, which has accomplished nothing, as they apparently have no information about this problem, and, thus, no solution.

Assistance is therefore solicited here.

Offline PCD_James

Hello MS Digby 23,

I am happy to look into this for you and will let you know when I have some answers.

-James

Offline MS Digby 23

Hello MS Digby 23,

I am happy to look into this for you and will let you know when I have some answers.

-James

Oh, goody, I have given you something to do....

Thanks, appreciate this.

Offline PCD_James

Hello MS Digby 23,

We have identified the issue and are working on a fix. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

-James