Author Topic: Why Won't Toolbox for Windows Install on Dell Computers?  (Read 2947 times)

Offline tlmorse

I read on the information page for Toolbox for Windows that it is incompatible with Dell computers. We are directed to download Dell SupportAssist. Recent versions of SupportAssist are useless compared to older versions that were more than "based on PC Doctor technology."

For example, running a battery test in the older version of SupportAssist told me what percentage of design capacity the battery was capable of. The current downloadable version of SupportAssist only tells me that the battery test generated a warning, but gave no details. The online version tells me that the capacity has been reduced compared to when the battery was new, but nothing about how reduced the capacity is.

We Dell users need PC Doctor, not Dell SupportAssist. Why can't we install Toolbox for Windows on Dell computers?

Thanks,
Terry

Offline PCD_Dan

Hi tlmorse,

Thank you for contacting PC-Doctor Support. The incompatibility you referenced is not specific to Dell computers, rather it is specific to the SupportAssist application.

This means that you can still install PC-Doctor Toolbox on your Dell PC, you just won't be able to have both Toolbox and Dell SupportAssist installed at the same time.

Hope this helps,
Dan R.
You may find some useful information on our FAQ page http://www.pc-doctor.com/support/faqs?view=faq

Offline tlmorse

This is good to know, as PC Doctor is vastly superior to Dell SupportAssist. One problem might be that the latest iteration of SupportAssist is buggy as all get out. In addition to not working, users (including me) have had trouble uninstalling it (i.e., it won't uninstall). Is there a way to download a trial version to determine whether I am going to be able to get it to install? Alternatively, does PC Doctor have a "return" policy, in the event I can't get SupportAssist to uninstall? Has PC Doctor had any success helping Dell owners install the software in the event of conflicts with SupportAssist?

Thanks,
Terry

Offline PCD_Dan

Terry,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with SupportAssist.

We unfortunately do not offer a trial version of PC-Doctor Toolbox, but in the case you do have any issues after purchasing the product we do offer a full refund within 30 days. So long as SupportAssist is uninstalled, you should not experience any troubles with the installation of Toolbox.

Hope this helps,
Dan R.
You may find some useful information on our FAQ page http://www.pc-doctor.com/support/faqs?view=faq