Author Topic: STOP Error (Blue Screen)  (Read 4699 times)

Offline Compulance

Hello  :)
i have a full package of PC-DOCTOR and have some problem with a costumer's computer !
during installing Vista or Win7 {32 or 64 bit} i getting Blue screen error :
 Stop 0x00000124     0x0000000000000000 , 0xFFFFFA8001C46038 , 0x00000000B2000018x0000000006000E0F

i tested the hardware via PC-Doctor tools, it found 1x of RAMs r defected , so i removed it
Mother board is MSI-MS-7360 with core due CPU , 4x block RAM ( 1 Gig each)
still getting that Error
so i swapped all parts and cables , even PSU and Data Cables , ONLY thing i didn't replaced was Motherboard and CPU , i removed TowerCase too , to be sure there is no ShortCut in Towercase cables !
searching in Google didn't help me !
PC-Doctor tools shows no error
still during installation i getting same error !  this PC worked 2 years with Vista without problem ! so what can be the solution ?

Thanks
Regards

Offline fwilson

Compulance,

Stop 0x00000124 probably indicates a nvidia video driver problem, in some instances it can be caused by on board audio.  A BIOS update may fix this issue.

Google "Stop 0x00000124"  for more specific information.

-Fred
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”  ~ J.C. Watts

Offline Compulance

Yes and No ! :-\
if that was On-board Audio-Card problem , so Disabling it  should correct the error , i did it and still getting same error , next step is updating BIOS , in MSI website says it can be updated JUST via online update !!!!!!! hhmm ???
 funny thing is when after disabling on-board sound card , during Vista / Win7 installation still i getting same error but it's different error under XP  ???
under XP this is the error :

STOP : 0x0000009C (0x0000000000000005,0xFFFFFADFC8871240,0x00000000B2000030,0x0000000008000E0F)

???

Offline fwilson

Compulance,

The second error, with the sound card disabled points more to a CPU issue.  Disable any overclockinf or other "fancy" stuff with respect to the CPU and try it again.

Hopefully MSI has a DOS based BIOS update program that does not require you to be in windows to update it.  An email to tech support may be in order.

-Fred

Offline Compulance

Thanks for guide .... swapping CPU corrected my error , soon i will get fired of my job , because i can't find out it's CPU or MotherBoard failure and i got a warning of my cheff :( >:(
it's costumer's computer , as i said i did reset BIOS to default , it's just a keyboard attached to mother board , i removed tower case too , hhmm  ???
my pain is i recommanded PC-Doctor tools to company , they got it , now they waiting for my answer about replacing defect part ! that CPU on other mother board working perfectly , no more errors   :o >:(
so i ask again , how i can be sure it's motherboard problem or CPU ?! ???
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:34:31 am by Compulance »

Offline fwilson

Compulance,

You can be sure it is a CPU issue because it is working correctly now.  If it was a motherboard error it would still be broken.

To make sure you can reinstall the old CPU and see if the system works then.  It could be that there was a bad connection on one of the CPU pins, causing the issue.  I always try to reseat the existing CPU before replacing it just to be sure.

Whether it was a bad CPU or just a bad connection the issue was defiantly related to the CPU.  The fact that it works now proves that.

-Fred

Offline Compulance

OK   :-X
Thanks for guide   8)
i will do as you said , you are Pro and i'm not , no comments  ;) ;D
i have no more question about it , so you are welcome to Close this Topic  ???
Thanks again :D
Regards

Offline fwilson

Compulance,

Glad we could help.

-Fred