Author Topic: Dell E5470: Restoring Keyboard settings  (Read 1215 times)

Offline khouji

Can anyone help me on how to restore the original keyboard settings? When I type, the alphabet became number. I tried using FN + F2 but nothing happens.

-------------------------------------------
Web Developer at Petstreetmall
"We are your pet supplies expert."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:47:13 pm by khouji »

Offline PCD_Meliton

Hello,

It sounds like it is possible that the embedded keypad might be enabled. In order to disable this feature, the manual for the Dell Latitude E5470 says the Fn key (only) or Numlock key are the two ways to enable/disable the embedded keypad. I have provided the link below.

http://www.dell.com/support/manuals/ie/en/iedhs1/latitude-e5470-laptop/latitudee5470_pub/post-behavior-screen-options?guid=guid-906f0e39-3f0f-46a7-baee-8943965f4ebc&lang=en-us

If the issue still continues the Numlock option may be enabled inside of the Bios or the keyboard could be set to another language.

Regards,
Meliton P.

Offline khouji

I think I'll try changing it to another Language. Can you give me what Keyboard Language is appropriate?

Offline PCD_Meliton

Hello,

If you navigate to the Windows Start button and go into settings>Time & language> Region & language, it will display the keyboard language currently being used.

If you notice the language is not set to your default language, that may be the cause of the issue. If the keyboard is set to the correct language that you normally use, the last possible place to check is the bios for the numlock enable option.

Best,
Meliton P.