Author Topic: Windows 10 Blue Screen  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Customprofile

I am asking here as I need help from people who know more than I do. As far as I can tell when my PC crashed, it said because of a Blue Screen, when I looked into the history it read it crashed because of nVidia. I am asking as I need to know, did it crash from heat or just the software/driver crashed? If it is from heat then I must know as I run BOINC for things like SETI(I know, searching for ET...LOL) My system is completely up to date, Windows Store apps(just the ones Windows uses, comes with/I have not downloaded any myself and no game have been downloaded from the Store) are completely updated, all software/apps(mostly Steam, GOG, Origin, etc., mostly games) are as up to date as possible. nVidia driver is current, driver version 385.41 - WHQL(as of 8.31.2017). So here is the blue screen info (see attachments for the error as I was not able to just copy the text for some reason) from PC Doctor and my computer specifications. My computer is self build, I am listing this info just incase you need it.

System Specs

All drivers, Bios/Firmware, Updates, Software, are current as of 8.31.2017

(OS) Windows 10 64Bit (Fully Updated)
(Motherboard) MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate LGA 1150 (BIOS v1.80 Latest Bios)
(CPU) Intel Core i5-4570 LGA 1150 Haswell
(Video Card) eVGA GeForce 660 GTX 2GB
(Memory) ADATA XPG V2GB DDR3 1866 (PC3 10700) (4x4 16GB)
(Hard Drive) Toshiba DT01ACA050 500GB 7200RPM
(CD/DVD/Blu-ray) LG UH12NS30 SATA (Firmware: 1.02-A0 Latest version)
(Power Supply) OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W - 80 PLUS

Case and Accessories

(Case) ARC 647 Gaming Case - Black - Mid Size
(Keyboard) Logitech Y-U0009
(Optical Gaming Mouse) MOU-IBP-003
(Headphones/Microphone) GG Cruiser PC200-I Headset (3.5mm plug not USB)
(Monitor) AOC 2307 (Latest Driver)
(Desktop Speakers) Logitech S-120 Black
(Web Camera) Logitech C922 Pro (Driver and software are the latest)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Network

(Cable Modem) ubee Cable Modem: Model: DDW36C (Firmware DOCSIS 3.0, Software Version: 8.22.2121, Hardware Version: 3.22.1 Latest)
(Speed) Modem Speed during Peak Hours:  Package/Plan: 200/15mbps Actual: 235/22mbps
(Router) AC1750 Archer C7 Hardware Version 2 (Firmware: 3.15.1 Build 160719 Rel.57530n Latest)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

App Crash/Error Information

Please see attached, I was not able to copy and paste for some reason. The attached are screen shots of the error. Sorry for the inconvenience.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 02:46:46 am by Customprofile »

Offline Customprofile

Offline PCD_Dan

Hello,

From what you have provided it does appear to be driver related. After checking the provided information, the machine appears to be fully up to date. Despite this, the best approach would be reinstalling the GPU driver here: https://www.evga.com/support/download/.

Begin by completely uninstalling the GPU drivers from Device Manager. I would also recommend checking in your Display Adapters for any other drivers that are not needed (for some GPU's, the standard Microsoft Display Adapter is mandatory to have installed). Note that with Windows 10, the driver may reinstall itself automatically after a restart. This may suffice, but personally I would feel more confident in installing the driver manually from the provided URL.

Best of luck,
Dan R.
You may find some useful information on our FAQ page http://www.pc-doctor.com/support/faqs?view=faq

Offline Customprofile

Thank you very much for your help and information.
 I downloaded the latest driver and completely removed/uninstalled the nVidia driver. I even removed the files it left behind on the hard drive by doing a search. I installed the new driver and rebooted after installation so it would use the new driver info. Now I will just wait and see if it happens again. If it does I may have to stop running the BOINC software for a while to see if it crashes when it is not running. That could be the cause if by chance it does cause it at least I will have info to the devs so they can look into it.

Thank you again!