Author Topic: The CPU stress test failed.  (Read 2582 times)

Offline poofwizard

Been getting lots of BSOD when my PC gets stressed. In hopes to figure out what the issue may be I purchased PC Doctor. Initial scan showed no issues. First stress test BSOD without finishing. Second did as well, but recorded a RAM error. Pulled the offending RAM stick out and then I got a CPU error. Ran the test again, and again got the same CPU Error. I just am not finding any info about this anywhere. Can anyone else help?

Error Message: The CPU stress test failed. The computed registers do not equal their expected values. (Error code: WCP14-BSD)
Attaching full test report as well.

NOTE: Although the test speed shows 4.1 GHz rather than the standard 4.0 Ghz, I do not have the CPU overclocked.

Offline PCD_Dan

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing test failures with your PC's CPU. As we can see from your test results the CPU is reporting incorrect register values.

What this means is that during the testing, our program test sent a specific set of numbers to your CPU. In order for the test to pass, the test expects your CPU to send back those same exact numbers. Seeing as it has failed, we can determine that your CPU registers were unable to report back the correct values.

In the terms of CPU failure, there's unfortunately not much more we can accomplish here. In order to address the issue your PC is in need of a new CPU. Of course depending on how old your CPU is, I would consider contacting AMD support to get their take on this. If any type of warranty is available hopefully you can take advantage of that.

Hope this helps,
Dan R.
You may find some useful information on our FAQ page http://www.pc-doctor.com/support/faqs?view=faq