Author Topic: Unable to finish discovering devices?  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Thomas K

I know I might need to cycle my older version of PC Doctor, however...

I am using PCD 7.9  (yes I already admitted I might need to retire and refresh).

WIndows 8, and its worked before on Windows 8, (this is Win8 with Bing) but it keeps giving me an error of.

PC Doctor Service Center 7.9

The device discovery process was unable to finish discovering devices.  This may prevent you from running all available diagnostics or generating complete system information reports.

It just kind of 'hangs' there, looks like it is TRYING to complete the scan, but just goes nowhere.

Gonna leave it overnight and hope, but looking for input into this...  Any help here?  Tried running from BOTH the PE disk, and the regular 'boot' disk.

Offline PCD_Dan

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues loading Service Center. There should be nothing related to your OS version that is causing the issue.

What appears to be happening is during the Hardware enumeration, Service Center is failing to detect the proper hardware in your PC. This is likely due to your PC having hardware components that are more current than the Service Center program. There are many components, IE SSD's, or perhaps configurations, such as RAID, that older versions of Service Center will fail to detect. In your case, it appears that the HW is too modern for the program, and there is likely more than just one conflict, causing the program to fail enumeration entirely.

If you would like, we could proceed by having you submit a support ticket at http://www.pc-doctor.com/support/open-support-ticket?view=ticket&layout=open, where I will be able to share with you some information on gathering debug logs which you could send my way. They may help us in pin pointing exactly what is causing the issue.

Hope this helps!

-Dan R.
You may find some useful information on our FAQ page http://www.pc-doctor.com/support/faqs?view=faq