Author Topic: Script for SC10.5  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Raynier

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, and I am looking for some scripting help for SC 10.5

What I am trying to do is create script that will run System.xml, then save the report to a directory on the MUD. Then I can Xcopy that report to a specified network location. That said I have a couple of questions:

#1: Is this something that can be done?

#2: If is can be done, would anyone be will to share any examples/information?

I really appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you in advance.

Raynier

Offline PCD_James

Hello,

What Environment are trying to run Service Center in, bootable or Windows? Adding access to a network drive and automating all of this in bootable is not really supported and I am not sure as to how feasible this would be to fully automate.

If you are running this in Windows, it may be possible to accomplish this through a batch file. I will do some research and get back to you shortly.

-James W.

Offline Raynier

I am currently trying to do it through bootable, as I have a couple of keys and I would like be able to test multiple machines without having to install the  OS on them.

If am not able to, I am sure I could figure something out using windows.

Thank you for the quick reply!

Offline PCD_James

There is info on pages 37-38 of the user guide on command line usage. Using this  I was quickly able to write a batch file to automate the process and accomplish your objective with the following logic flow:

1.Find Drive Letter assigned to Service Center MUD
2.Determine OS architecture(32 or 64)
3.Change into either bin or bin 64 directory on the MUD depending on the architecture
4.Run service Center system script and save report to MUD then exit
5.Copy report to new location

The trouble is that if this is being done in the bootable mode you will have to modify the boot options to load a custom linux shell script when the bootable OS launches that mounts your network drive and then executes the previously listed logic in linux commands.

It is doable, however I would need some time to work through this myself as I was unable to find any references or PC-Doctor Engineers who have done this themselves.

Offline Raynier

Yes the appendix is a life saver, I have been using to make a little headway.
Thank you for the logic flow, it is helpful as I am a little new a scripting.

As for the bootable, I figured I would have to do something like like. I am hoping to avoid it for now. I have shifted focus more into windows, at least until I get a solid batch file running.

That being said if anyone come across anymore information (Windows or Bootable) that is useful or could make the process easier please post!

Thank you for all your help!  :)

-Raynier