Author Topic: Remote tools for mobile  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Thomas K

No, don't get me wrong, there is a host of apps and programs to allow remote 'access' to mobile devices from desktops, mobile to mobile, even mobile to desktop, however...

I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of a tool which allows me to plug in a smart device (tablet, phone, etc) via USB cable and get a  'read' on the diagnostics.  This would be a phone with no display so it can be evaluated for the economic repair viability.

Example:  Customer brings in a phone worth $100, the display is worth $30 plus markup/labour, but we have no idea if there is something more causing a problem (it was dropped in a puddle etc) as the display does not seem damaged.

Offline PCD_James

I haven't come across anything, most likely because while most devices run one of the two big operating systems, the pre-boot environments are all drastically different based on the manufacturer, and even by model. And to my knowledge most devices are not set to boot to an external device. This makes it difficult to run any external diagnostics in a pre-boot environment.

However it is an awesome idea and I would love to see a solution in the future. Hopefully someday we will see a more unified standard. :)