Author Topic: PC toolbox updated to 7. Windows Update now won't complete.  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Randy

Hello.  Randy here and newbie. Booted up PC this pm.  Immediately saw icon change with PC doctor toolbox.  Received auto update to 7, I believe.  Now, MS Windows Update won't finish, won't complete.  *I do have it set for manual update.  I don't want MS auto upgrade to windows ten.  It has worked for last 18 months, till today when after auto update from PC Doctor.  Thanks for your attention.  Randy.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 02:42:48 pm by Randy »

Offline PCD_James

Hello,

If you click on the update tile you should be able to ignore the auto update being turned off and proceed with normal operation.

Let me know if this works for you.

-James

Offline BleuOisou

• http://~home.netvigator.com/aa321123
The Vista Pack II unable or invalid for this PC-Toolbox updated to v. 7.0.6852.45?

New version Toolbox can be updated howevere, loaded UPDATE feature 30 min , not get reponded ?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 10:28:21 pm by BleuOisou »
Bleu Oisou

Offline PCD_James

BleuOisou,

I believe that Randy is reporting an issue with the Windows update tile in toolbox not completing loading. Unfortunately yours is an unrelated issue that your system is unable to check for windows updates.

-James

Offline Randy

Hello James.  I have several concerns that have occurred, since PCdoctors Tool Box went from 6. to newest 7.  What I wish to do at this time is un-install PCdoc tool box, and go from there.  I cannot find uninst.exe in the PCdTB programs folder.  Windows 8.1 Control Panel, programs uninstaller says it's not there.  The icon is there, though.  And Revo Pro Uninstaller says, "Running the application's uninstaller failed!  Possible invalid uninstall command."

Before I have to go thru the registry, tell me where I can find uninst.exe?  Can support email the app to me ? ?
Thanks for your time.  Randy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:29:39 pm by Randy »

Offline PCD_James

Hello Randy,

The uninstaller is located in the program directory. If its missing it sounds like somehow the installation of Toolbox is corrupted. If you send me a PM with your email I can attempt to send you the uninstaller.

-James