Author Topic: Remote tools  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Thomas K

Over the last couple years its been evident that more customers are favourable towards remote diagnostic/servicing.  It's almost obvious the benefits this provides.

The customer doesn't need to disassemble their hardware unplugging and deciding what they need to bring to a physical location.

Printer?
Mouse?
Keyboard?  External drives?  How about the modem/router?

It's come to the point where every computer that goes out has a remote access program added to their system for additional support after the fact.

So, this is my question.

What is there that PC-Doctor offers that could be ran remotely to determine what might be going on hardware wise OTHER then what might be popping up in the events viewer?  What software could be suggested? 

Obviously the main program is out unless software could locate the dongle on my machine(s) and determine the remote system 'temporarily licensed' but I don't see that happening (can it even be setup/configured via ipv4 or ipv6 without major restructuring of the base code?)

Thanks in advance!

(damn its been forever since I was on these forums)

Offline PCD_Sam

• PC-Doctor
Hello Thomas,

Currently we do not offer a remote diagnostic version of our Service Center product. It is a feature we are looking to add in future releases however.

However, we do have repair shops use our Toolbox product (http://www.pc-doctor.com/solutions/toolbox) as a way run diagnostics on a customers machine through a remote session. Please contact our sales department at sales@pc-doctor.com or call 775-336-4000 and they can go into further detail about how to implement this method for your business.
Thanks!
Like a great predatory piano, I sit silent in the darkness. Until it is time to attack and then I strike in a cacophony of violence and ivory keys.